Well, we are quite a ways into November, but I suppose an October recap is due, even if my posting in that month was virtually nonexistent! October took some strange and difficult turns that didn’t leave me with a lot of spare time or emotion for blogging, so I have been taking it easy. However, since reading is somewhat of an addiction, I still did plenty of that, completing 18 books for a total of 5625 pages. I may or may not ever get caught back up on reviews, but that’s the way life is sometimes!
October had some lows (The House of a Thousand Lanterns by Victoria Holt) and some highs (The Dry by Janet Harper), and plenty in between, since my average star rating for the month was 3.52. I only had one DNF for the month, Maxa’s Children by Johanna Spyri, and I believe it was the fault of the translation rather than the author, since I have found other of Spyri’s books to be delightful – but all of those were translated by Charles Tritten, unlike this particularly edition.
I really like to do the TBR number update for my own personal record, even if it’s over a week late, so here are the numbers –
- Standalones: 439 (up four)
- Nonfiction: 103 (holding steady)
- Personal (which includes all books I own (fiction and nonfiction), but lists any series I own as only one entry…): 666 (up ELEVEN?! How is that possible?!)
- Series (each series counted separately, not each book within a series): 235 (down one!)
- Mystery Series (each series counted separately, not each book within a series): 113 (down TWO!)
So that’s the skinny for October’s reading. I’m hoping to get through a few batches of minireviews this week, now that life is somewhat entering a new regular. I’m about a million years behind on reading everyone’s posts, but since I get them all as emails (like a creeper), I’m still working my way through them, so I am anticipating some jumps in the TBR per usual. :-D In the meantime, hopefully all is well out there in blogger world!