Well, I am tooling right along with this challenge! My original post about 20 Books of Summer, being hosted by Cathy746, is here.
Here is my original list of 20 (links to GoodReads):
- Academ’s Fury, Cursor’s Fury, and Captain’s Fury by Jim Butcher
- Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter, and its sequel, A Girl of the Limberlost
- Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry, and its sequel, Sea Star: Orphan of Chincoteague
- Crooked House, They Came to Baghdad, and Destination Unknown, all by Agatha Christie
- The Ransom by Grace Livingston Hill
- The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley
- Life or Death by Michael Robotham
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
- The Fold by Peter Clines
- On the Fence by Kasie West
- The Mistake I Made by Paula Daly
- Money in the Bank by P.G. Wodehouse
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson
As of today, I have completed Freckles and am halfway (ish) through Academ’s Fury. However, I already have an elimination from the list – The Ransom was just tooooo hokey (GLH gives me mixed results), so it is officially OFF the list. The replacement will be the fifth Codex Alera book, Princeps’ Fury.
I still have two books to review before I start getting into my 20 Books of Summer reviews, but they’re coming!!! I’m enjoying everyone else’s updates as well, even if I’m terrible at Twitter. ;-) Hope everyone is having a great time with this fun challenge.